Installation instructions of your SSL Certificate for WebSTAR 4.0
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on WebSTAR versions 4.0.
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .cer extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Create a new text file and copy and paste each of these certificates after on another in the following order:
- The Primary Certificate (your SSL Certificate)
- The Intermediate Certificate
- The Root Certificate
(Your Primary SSL certificate: YourSSLCertificate.cer)
(Your Intermediate certificate: Intermediate.cer)
(Your Root certificate: TrustedRoot.cer)
3. Save the file as pack.pem.
4. Your web server must have SSL capabilities turned on. SSL must be displayed in the status window and you should have an SSL Security intem in the list of settings of WebSTAR admin.
5. In the settings window, select SSL Security.
6. Each IP address uses a unique certificate. Select the item for the IP which corresponds to the host name of your certificate.
7. On the Security popup menu, select SSL 2 and SSL 3.
8. Click on Certificate Choose. Select the pack.pem file.
9. Click on Private Key File Choose Button. Select the private key file used to generate your CSR.
10. Type your Private Key password.
11. Click Save.
12. You should see a message confirming that your certificate is well installed: SSL context for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 created.
13. Choose your cipher settings (which encryption algorithms you will support). Click Save.