Installation instructions of your SSL Certificate for SonicWALL SSL Offloaders
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on SonicWALL SSL Offloaders:
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Launch OpenSSL. This application is installed in the same location as the SonicWALL Configuration Manager. You can also run the install and just install OpenSSL by choosing the Custom Installation option.
3. Once launched, you will need to enter one of the following commands:
pkcs7 -ini c:\fullcert -print_cert OR pkcs7 -in c:\fullcert -print_certs -out c:\outfile
4. This will output two x509v3 certificates. Subject and Issuer informations will be included in the output. Ignore this, and cut and paste only the "BEGIN CERTIFICATE" and "END CERTIFICATE" informations on both certificates.
5. The first should be the server certificate (from step 1). The second should be the intermediary certificate (get your intermediate certificate).
6. Save these files (e.g. c:\server.pem and c:\inter.pem).
7. Verify the certificate information with OpenSSL:
x509 -in c:\server.pem -text AND x509 -in c:\inter.pem -text