Installation instructions of your SSL Certificate for Parallels Plesk Server 5.0
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Parallels Plesk 5.0 Server:
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Login to the Plesk Server Administrator.
3. Select Domains (left hand menu).
4. Click on the domain name that the certificate is for.
5. Click on Certificates.
6. Choose to Upload Certificate Files. Next to the Certificate box, click Browse and locate your SSL certificate (from step 1).
7. Get your intermediate certificate. Copy and paste the contents into a .crt file by using a text editor software (such as Notepad or Wordpad). Next to the CA Certificate box, click Browse and locate your intermediate certificate. Send File.
8. Click Server, IP Addresses and click on the IP Address for your website.
9. Choose the certificate you have just installed.
10. Click Server.
11. Click Service Management.
12. Stop and Start the WEB Server to activate the certificate.
Note: You must stop the service and start it again. Restarting Apache won't work.