Installation instructions of your SSL Certificate for Sybase AS Server with IIS 4.0
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Sybase AS Server with IIS 4.0:
Install your Intermediate Certificate
1. Download the SGCinst.exe utility file on Microsoft's website.
2. Get your intermediate certificate. Copy and paste the contents (include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----) into a .crt file by using a text editor software (such as Notepad or Wordpad).
2. Copy the SGCinst.exe file into the same web server directory that includes your certificate text file.
3. Open an MS-DOS prompt window, change directory to the directory that includes both files and type in this command:
sgcinst.exe Certfromstep2.crt -i -o cert.txt
Install your SSL Certificate
1. Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) for IIS.
2. Expand the Internet Information Server folder.
3. Locate the website that is going to be secured. Right-click the appropriate web site and choose Properties. Click the Directory Security tab and click Edit next to Secure Communications. Then, click Key Manager.
4. Install the new Server ID by clicking the key in the www directory and select Install Key Certificate.
5. Enter the password.
6. When asked for bindings, add the IP and Port Number.
7. Select Commit Changes from the Computers menu.
8. You may need to reboot the web server if necessary.