Create a Certificate Signing Request for Parallels Plesk 7.0
In order to generate a CSR for Plesk 7.0, please follow these steps:
- Login to the Plesk Control Panel.
- Clicking on the Domains button. The Domain List page appears.
- Click the domain name that you want to secure with SSL.
- Click the Certificate button.
- Click the Add button. The SSL Certificate setup page appears.
- Enter the relevant information in the Certificate Information section.
Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name (e.g. devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com.
Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc.
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
- Click on the Request button displayed to the right of your details.
- Plesk will now email your CSR to the email address provided when you signed up. You will see that the email contains two sections – the RSA Private Key and the Certificate Signing Request. Do not lose your RSA Private Key, you will need this later.